In Building WordPress Themes you will learn how to take a static HTML site and convert it into a fully functional WordPress theme and plugin. We’ll start by exploring some tools to help you work. Then, we’ll take a look at our static site and convert it!
By the end of the course you will:
- Become familiar with Underscores, a popular WordPress Starter Theme
- Know how to create and customize blog posts, pages, and header and footer areas
- Create menus and widget areas
- Build a plugin to help us extend WordPress
- Understand CMB2, a popular WordPress tool for adding custom information to our WordPress site
- Learn best practices for creating WordPress Themes and Plugins
What are we building?
Since it’s something we all know and love, we’ll create a restaurant website! We’ll build basic pages like about and contact, add a blog, and create a nice, interactive menu that’s easy to update!
Who is the target audience?
- This course is ideal for web designers who want to make WordPress Themes.
- If you are a WordPress Site Builder, you will appreciate learning how to modify themes yourself and not rely on a 3rd party plugin. You’ll also be able to tweak ready-made themes to your liking.
- You know how to make static sites and you’re ready to do the custom work that’s needed to be a full WordPress service shop